Stay cool and caffeinated with this iced mocha recipe utilizing our Tanzania cocoa powder!
Ingredients (One serving):
- ¼ cup milk any percentage, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, depending on desired sweetness
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup coffee
- Ice, if blending into a frozen beverage
- Heavy cream, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup, optional but encouraged
In a small pot over medium heat, combine 2 tablespoons of milk, sugar, and cocoa powder. Whisk constantly until mixture begins to simmer, is fully combined, and smooth.
Remove from heat, stir in coffee, remaining milk, and optional heavy cream.
Pour into mug, top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup if desired!
If you don't have cold coffee, brew a pot at double strength and pour over a cup of ice (about 1 heaping cup of ice per 1 cup of coffee). Pour hot coffee into a large cup and place it in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes until it has cooled to at least room temperature.
To make an iced mocha, make the recipe as written with heaping tablespoons of sugar instead of level (the ice will dilute the sweetness) and blend 1 1/2 cups ice with the mocha.